Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Monday 8 July 2024

Artlyst - Michael Petry Discusses 'In League With Devils' with Revd Jonathan Evens

My latest interview for Artlyst is with Michael Petry regarding his upcoming exhibition 'In League with Devils':

'I’m interested in how belief systems interact with each other, and the secular world, because they’re very much at odds, particularly when parts of those beliefs call for actions that would be illegal or immoral or unethical. Those are the things I try to eke out in these projects.

I’m saying, how can we look at this without fighting, without violence, can we actually have a dialogue? That dialogue engages the secular world, because the basis is within the secular world. I think when you live in a world where religion is so contested, it is important that people have these dialogues.'

Find out more about this exhibition in my July Art Diary for Artlyst - click here.

Interviews -

Monthly diary articles -
Articles/Reviews -


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Sabbath - After Forever.

No comments: