Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Friday 1 November 2019

Foyer Display: Jenny Cox




The changing monthly display by the artists' and craftspeople's group at St Martin-in-the-Fields in the Foyer of the Crypt for November is by Jenny Cox. Each month a different member of the group or artists linked to it will show examples of their work, so do look regularly to see the changing display.

Jenny says, "Although I was born and brought up in London, I have felt close to the land and the countryside all my life. Nature was my extended family, and is still where I feel most at home. My relationship to Creation is a love affair, and my photographs are an expression of that love.

Since I was a child I have photographed the landscape, and it remains a process of prayer and praise. The images in this exhibition do not depict extraordinary places, but woodlands and forestry and streams.... I hope they express at least a little of the magic and mystery of the unseen worlds that can sometimes be sensed behind what we see.

The photographs are for sale. 25% of the proceeds will be given to Connection. If you would like to purchase one please contact me at jennyllcox@gmail.com, or on 07891 015332.

There are also 2 chalk pastel drawings in the display, made in the St Martin’s Art Club. To purchase a print of one of the drawings, please send an email, or phone".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leonard Cohen - Happens To The Heart.

No comments: