Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Thursday 7 April 2011

Prayer - Vision

Transfigure my vision, O Lord of creation. Remove the film of the familiar, re-awaken in me the mind's attention, give to me eyes that not only look on wild flowers, raindrops, grains of sand, but through them spy heaven. Allow your sacred river of imagination to rise in me. Grant me access to the truth which transfigured vision sees, as multi-layered meaning is bodied forth in finite phrases. Speak your logos to me that I may become luminous with the light of Christ. Amen.

(Based on Faith, Hope and Poetry by Malcolm Guite)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malcolm Guite - The Green Man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! That collect really does collect together in one prayer the heart of what I am saying in my book. Would I could have been so brief! All I can say here is Amen!

Jonathan Evens said...

I'm glad you weren't as brief. I've been enjoying the book greatly and am looking forward to reviewing it.