Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Friday 12 January 2024

Church Times - Art review: Leviathan by Shezad Dawood (Salisbury Cathedral)

My latest exhibition review for Church Times is on Shezad Dawood's “Leviathan” in Salisbury Cathedral:

'These paintings provide an opportunity to reflect, too, on the story of the slaughter of the innocents and the flight into Egypt. Canon Kenneth Padley, cathedral Treasurer, who chairs its arts advisory panel, has said: “This exhibition is a timely reminder, amid the anticipation and excitement of Advent and Christmas, that Jesus and his family were refugees and were being persecuted.”'

Read my Seen & Unseen interview with Shezad Dawood here and my exhibition on migration themes for Ben Uri Online here.

Other of my pieces for Church Times can be found here. My writing for ArtWay can be found here. My pieces for Artlyst are here, those for Seen & Unseen are here, and those for Art+Christianity are here.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Axelrod - The Warnings - Part 1.

No comments: