Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Artlyst: January Art Diary

My January Art Diary for Artlyst looks at the work of Emrys Williams and Richard Kenton Webb (including his links to Milton), William Blake, Markéta Luskačová, Oksana Kondratyeva, Maciej Hoffman and Hannah Rose Thomas:

'Kenton Webb has written about his experience of working on this series in an essay, which, together with an interview and nine of his works, is included in a new book ‘Milton Across Borders and Media’ demonstrating the breadth of response to John Milton’s work: “For the last ten years, Milton has been a companion like Virgil to Dante guiding me through the narrative of my own life. I started this collaboration with an imagined drawing of Milton the Blind Poet, considering the problem of evil. I ended my journey with a portrait of myself, acting as a companion piece to the long journey about good, evil, and everything in between that we had taken together. Milton is a great English poet who gives hope, which in itself is a creative act for these difficult times.”'

Follow these links for more on Kenton Webb, Luskačová, Hoffman, and Thomas.

Interviews -
Monthly diary articles -
Articles/Reviews -


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sufjan Stevens - Everything That Rises.

No comments: