Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Thursday 27 November 2014

New role and upcoming events






On Sunday I was able to announce that, subject to DBS clearance, I will be moving on from St John’s in the New Year to become Priest for Partnership Development Development at two churches in London. I will be Priest-in-Charge at St Stephen Walbrook in the City of London and also an Associate Minister at St Martin-in-the-Fields. This is a new role which involves forming partnerships between the two churches as well as with businesses in the City of London and cultural organisations around Trafalgar Square.

It is always difficult to know when to move on from your current ministry but the fact that this is a unique opportunity which involves all of my key interests in ministry and is a role which won’t be advertised in this way again has made up my mind that this is the time for me to move on. It will be a wrench to leave all our friends at St John’s, in Seven Kings, Newbury Park and the Redbridge Deanery but I hope and pray that all we have done together over the past eight years will stand St John's in good stead for this new phase of its mission and ministry in the interregnum and beyond. My last Sunday at St John's will be 18th January.

In the meantime, there is much going on and the attached files have posters for some of what is coming up. We have our Christmas Bazaar at St John's this coming Saturday (29th November) from 10.30am to 3.00pm. I will be sharing some reflections and photographs from the recent East London Three Faiths Forum Tour of the Holy Land in services at St John's on 30th November and 7th December. I will also be sharing some meditative materials from my sabbatical in the Listening to God session at St Laurence's Barkingside on Sunday 7th December at 6.30pm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix Mendelsssohn - Octet for Strings in E-flat Major, Op. 20 Fourth Movement (Presto).

No comments: