Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Monday 26 September 2011

Patronal Festival

Next Sunday is the Patronal Festival at St John's Seven Kings. We will be displaying the winning entries in our Images of Hope Art Competition in the church from Sunday and beyond. Bishop David, the Bishop of Barking, will present the Art Competition prizes - bibles given by the Bible Society - during our 10.00am Festival Service.
 
Bishop David will be preaching and presiding at the 10.00am Festival Service, which will also include the following prayer of dedication for our congregation, bringing Stewardship month to a conclusion:
 
God has created me
to do him some definite service:
he has committed some work to me
which he has not committed to another.
I have my mission –
I may never know it in this life,
but I shall be told it in the next.
Somehow I am necessary for his purposes:
as necessary in my place
as an Archangel in his.
I have a part in this great work;
I am a link in a chain,
a bond of connection between persons.
He has not created me for nothing.
I shall do good, I shall do his work;
I shall be an angel of peace,
a preacher of truth in my own place.
Deign to fulfil your high purposes in me.
I am here to serve you, to be yours,
to be your instrument.
 
St John's member, Dr Winston Solomon will be licensed as an Authorised Local Preacher during this service and we will be singing the St John's Centenary hymn, which was composed by church member, Lester Amann. 
 
In the evening, at 6.30pm, choirs from various local churches will join us for a choral celebration entitled Sing Glory!
 
These will be two very special services, and all who wish to join us, as we celebrate our Patronal Festival together, will be very welcome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Rutter - The Lord Bless You and Keep You.

No comments: