For today's service in the Parish I have been using an All-age talk on the Parable of the Wheat and Weeds to speak about the dangers of judgementalism. For my All-age talk I added an introductory quiz about our default habits when it comes to how we form opinions about others.
Psychology Today has the following to say about judgementalism: "The more we live in a culture of divisiveness, the more judgmental people become. Being quick to pass judgment on others can harm not only the target but the teller, the very person doing the judging. In addition to creating a cloud of negativity, judgmentalism can lead to conflict and stunt personal growth. With a little conscious effort, it is possible to shift out of a critical mindset."
For our Healing Eucharist this evening, I included, as reflective moments, Al Green's cover of R.E.M.'s 'Everybody Hurts' and Jahlani Pierce's 'Stop Judging Others (You Never Know Their Battles)'.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jahlani Pierce's - Stop Judging Others (You Never Know Their Battles).
No comments:
Post a Comment