Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Saturday, 25 July 2026

Interviews Update

Since my last Interview Update, I have had an interview published by International Times with Jacquiline Creswell, who has worked as a curator with a number of Cathedrals in England and in that time has commissioned, curated and installed more than 80 exhibitions:

'It’s so interesting, as it usually takes about two or three years to do an exhibition, and what’s really amazing and fascinating is how the artist sees their work and themselves differently in that time. Somehow, they’ve actually embraced faith. I don’t necessarily mean in a Christian way but they have a new and different spirituality by that engagement. They talk to the Cathedral’s communities and there’s these backwards and forwards conversations, from which everybody’s learning. Everybody’s getting something from it. It’s bringing light to everybody.'

My reviews of exhibitions curated by Jacquiline Creswell can be read here, here, and here

As a result, I am updating this index of interviews. I have carried out a large number of other interviews for Artlyst, ArtWay, Church Times, International Times, Seen and Unseen and Art+Christianity. They provide a wide range of fascinating insights into the approaches and practices of artists, arts professionals, clerics, curators, performers, poets and writers.

They can be found at:

Artlyst
ArtWay
Seen and Unseen
Art+Christianity
The Big Picture
Also see my interviews with artist Henry Shelton here and here and David Hawkins, former Bishop of Barking, here, here and here. I have also published an interview with artist, poet and writer Rupert Loydell, who has also interviewed Nick Battle and Steve Scott.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Scott - Not A Pretty Picture.

No comments: