Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Friday 5 April 2024

Church Times - Book review: The Spiritual Adventure of Henri Matisse: Vence’s Chapel of the Rosary by Charles Miller

My latest book review for Church Times is on The Spiritual Adventure of Henri Matisse: Vence’s Chapel of the Rosary by Charles Miller:

'the author explores the deep overlap between the attrait (attention) that artists pay to their subject and the attrait in contemplative prayer. For Matisse, such attention involved intuition and intellect, contemplation and communion, light and glory, combined with a monk-like detachment.'

For more on Matisse's Chapel, click here for an ArtWay article I wrote following my visit in 2012.

Other of my pieces for Church Times can be found here. My writing for ArtWay can be found here. My pieces for Artlyst are here, those for Seen & Unseen are here, and those for Art+Christianity are here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T Bone Burnett - Waiting For You (Visualizer) ft. Lucius

No comments: