Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Friday 11 February 2022

Foyer display: Rosalind Beeton

 





St Martin-in-the-Fields is home to several commissions and permanent installations by contemporary artists. We also have an exciting programme of temporary exhibitions, as well as a group of artists and craftspeople from the St Martin’s community who show artwork and organise art projects on a temporary basis.

One of the initiatives from this group is a changing display of work by the group members. Each month a different member of the group will show an example of their work, so, if you are able, do return to see the changing display.

This month we are showing landscapes from China, Suffolk and Wales in watercolour or oil by Rosalind Beeton. Rosalind writes of how she finds music in nature, the trees, the birds, the hills, the cosmos. She says: ‘I studied music for my B.Ed degree, learning about classical harmonic structures and how to compose pieces. I also spent many years training in art. I have played the piano since I was 7 and have played various instruments over the years but my great love has always been the cello, the music of which touches my heart deeply, so I am attempting to learn this beautiful instrument. Now I am also enjoying words in poetry that I write, enjoying the evocative musical sounds and colours that words can evoke and create. I feel privileged and happy to be a member of the Nazareth Contemplative Community here at St Martins-in-the-Fields.’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Academy of St Martin in the Fields, St Martin's Voices, Andrew Earis - Hallelujah.

No comments: