Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Thursday 9 June 2016

The City – it’s more than just a place to work


Gwen Rhys, CEO Women in the City writes:

"I don’t know about you, but I’m usually dashing to or from a meeting or trying to arrive somewhere on time and although I pass one of the City’s 40-odd (yes, that many) Churches on a more-or-less daily basis, I rarely take the time to go in.

Last year, as Master of The Worshipful Company of Glass Sellers, one of the City’s Livery Companies, I signed up for a City Church Walk organised jointly by the Plumbers’ and the Constructors’ companies and since then I try to at least pop my head through the door of one or two City churches as I pass by.

Sometimes, they’re empty and, just for a moment, I’m somewhere peaceful and can forget what’s going on outside. Other times I’ve managed to catch part of an organ recital and at one church you can even grab a coffee and a cake in its cafe.

INVITATION: Tuesday 12 July, 6.30-8.30pm
So why not join me and discover more about the the Civic, Cultural, Charitable and Social opportunities available in the City at St Stephen, Walbrook, London EC4N 8BN. There’ll be refreshments and plenty of networking.

Looking up at the dome is pretty amazing, too!

I hope to see you there.

Gwen Rhys
CEO Women in the City

NOTE: This event is organised by St Stephen, Walbrook, 39 Walbrook, London EC4N 8BN. For more information please contact Revd Sally Muggeridge by email."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: