Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Saturday 29 September 2007

Public Art & 'Visual Dialogue'

Just a reminder that this coming week is when I'll be doing my public art event at St John's, which culminates in the Visual Dialogue exhibition from 5th - 7th October.

From 1st to 5th October, I will be undertaking a public art project in the Parish Centre of St John's (St John's Road, Seven Kings IG2 7BB). I will publicly customise and decorate a four drawer cabinet to create a piece of conceptual sculpture that will be exhibited at St John's over our Patronal Festival weekend (5th - 7th October). This unusual public art project will involve photomontages, constructions, and paintings.
I will work publicly on the piece during the mornings of 1st - 5th (9.30am – 12 noon) and on the evenings of 1st and 4th (6.30 – 8.30pm). There is an open invitation to people to come and view the development of the piece and leave comments about the work and the project. The project will be documented photographically by the artist, Rodney Lloyd Bailey, and will also be documented on this blog where there is also the opportunity to leave comments.

This project is a precursor to Visual Dialogue, which will be open on: Friday 5th October, 6.30 – 10.00pm; Saturday 6th October, 9.30am – 5.00pm; and Sunday 7th October, 12 noon – 5.00pm. An opening night reception will be held from 7.30pm on Friday 5th October 2007 featuring: my newly created conceptual sculpture; photographs by Rodney of the public art event; and meditations and images from my earlier collaboration with fellow artist, writer and priest, Alan Stewart. All are welcome to the reception.

More information about the exhibition can be found by clicking here.

Messages of support for Visual Dialogue:
  • "Your exhibition looks fantastic, thank you very much for the information. What a wonderful project to be taking part in. I'll be keenly following your progress on your blog." Lisa Bryan, Gallery Manager, The Meller Gallery
  • "Brilliant - you genius. Fabulous idea, go well. I like it and it teases my imagination. All the best." Rosemary Crumlin
  • "Hope this goes really well - it looks great." Meryl Doney, Wallspace

  • "Great, Jonathan, all the more disappointed I'm not with you on the 7th." Revd. Peter Challen

  • "This sounds fantastic, and I am sorry that I shall be in Sheffield and unable to come. Hope all goes well and you get a good response." Revd. Linda Hillier

  • "Hope all goes well! Very best wishes." Revd. David Driscoll

  • "Thank you for this - sounds very fascinating - it is in the diary for Friday 5th." Revd. Jennifer Potter

  • "Great to hear from you. You organise some fantastic events!" Revd. Alan Perry

  • "Many thanks for the invitation. It sounds really interesting and hope it goes well!" Revd. Chris Warren

  • "Thank you very much for this invitation to what sounds like a fascinating and creative event. I did not know - I should have done - that you had this major dimension to your life and ministry. I do hope that it goes very well, as I am sure it will." Canon Guy Wilkinson

  • "Good luck with the show." Michael Cousin, Artist

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out Lou Reed's Caroline Says II.

No comments: