Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Sunday 7 February 2021

Artlyst interview - Genesis Tramaine: A Queer Devotional Painter

My latest piece for Artlyst is an interview with Genesis Tramaine about her work and her current exhibition at Almine Rech:

'Painting gives me room to see myself. To listen to myself and others without words or judgement of societal norms that characterise social injustices. Painting adds colour to an otherwise dull world. It allows a frequency that motivates and inspires others to be creative. Painting allows me to identify and disconnect from the conditions that have shaped my identity as a Black woman artist and lean on the strength of the Lord for new hope.'

I reviewed 'Genesis Tramaine: Evidence of Grace' for Church Times - see here. Last year I wrote about several emerging artists who are Christians - see https://www.artlyst.com/.../church-visual-arts-revd.../. Two of those artists, including Genesis Tramaine, have current exhibitions; the other being Lakwena Maciver who I also interviewed for Artlyst - see https://www.artlyst.com/.../lakwena-maciver-review.../.

My other Artlyst pieces are:

Interviews -
Articles -
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

Sister Gertrude Morgan - I Got The New World In My View.

No comments: