Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Sunday 31 January 2021

Artlyst - Lakwena Maciver: Review-Interview Hastings Contemporary

My latest piece for Artlyst is an interview with Lakwena about her work and her current exhibition at Hastings Contemporary:

'I would say most of my work is very much about wanting to speak. Words are an essential part of that. I don’t always know what I want to say, and praying, writing, listening to music, it’s when I do those things that I start to work out what I want to say, the ideas flow... I’ll pray about and meditate on an idea; then I’ll work out how to make it come to life, and throughout I’m praying that the work will bless people.'

My Visual Meditation for ArtWay on Lakwena's work - Rainbow Colours of Hope - can be read here

My other Artlyst pieces are:

Interviews:

Articles:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Candi Staton - You Got The Love.

No comments: