Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Saturday 3 July 2010

Gospel Reflection: Travelling Light

My latest Gospel reflection (Luke 10. 1-11, 16-20) on the Mission in London's Economy website begins by quoting Cliff Richard and ends by quoting John V. Taylor. In between I focus on the significance of travelling light in our individual lives and our corporate Church life in order that we are focused on our core task of sharing the good news about Jesus in actions and words and treading lightly on the earth as we do so.

The reflection ends with a prayer extracted from a Gerard Kelly poem: "I want to be untouched by my possessions / Instead of being possessed / By what I touch, / To test the taste / of having nothing to call mine, / to hold consumption’s cravings back, / to be content with luck or lack, / to live as well on water as on wine. / I want to spend myself / On those I think might need me, / Not spend / All I think I need on myself. / I want my heart / To be willing to make house calls. / Let those whose rope is at an end / Find in me a faithful friend. / Let me be known as one who rebuilds broken walls." Amen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliff Richard & The Shadows - Travelin' Light.

No comments: