Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Saturday 11 October 2008

Five influences

As tagged by Sam, I need "to list five people, living or dead, who influenced my spiritual path in a positive way."

The five are:

1. My Dad, through his commitment to community in all of its senses and his determination to infuse his work life with his faith.

2. Phil (a youth leader at Street Baptist Church) who shared his perceptions of Romans 5. 6-8 with me, giving an insecure teenager an awareness of the overwhelming love of God for him. This led directly to my baptism and confirmation and a sense of God's love in my life that has never deserted me.

3. Tim Hull (then tutor at NTMTC) for his friendship and support during ordination training but most of all for the way in which he opened up so many new avenues for exploration.

4. Diana Crook, with whom I shared the journey through selection and training into ordination and beyond. Most especially for support and sharing in response to grief.

5. The group of friends that I gained through NTMTC who continue to be a support and challenge to me in ministry and with whom I meet regularly to share experiences, interests and ministry.

I tag Judith, Huw and Richard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Heard - Lonely Moon.

No comments: