Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Revd Nik Wright - Priesting & presiding
















Please pray for the 20 #ChelmsDioNewPriests who were ordained to the priesthood at services taking place across our Diocese last Saturday. Five ordination services took place across Essex and East London:
Find out more about these new priests: https://buff.ly/NiMvmiX

Revd Nik Wright was among those priested at St Michael and All Angels. He then presided at the Eucharist for the first time in a Joint Service held at St Andrew's Wickford on Sunday 27 September.

Watch the Ordination Service here:


and Nik's first celebration of the Eucharist at https://www.facebook.com/reel/1625281415887999

Revd Nik Wright: "I was born with the smell of incense in my nostrils and have had, over the years, the real joy and privilege of holding many posts within the Church and joining with many different and diverse worshipping communities all over the world. I have strong familial ties to the East End of London, Scotland and a proud working-class heritage. I am married to the ever patient and supportive Becks. We have five children ranging from teenager to nearly 30 years old and three grandchildren. Before discernment and training, I worked as Manager of a resource centre for families where there is a child with disabilities, then as Community Leisure and Arts Manager for a large New Town before moving on to work in the field of Community Safety and ended this chapter of my Career by finally becoming a Director for Operations in the field of Counter Terrorism and Global Emergency Response. Having left that role, and despite my complex neurodiversity, I went on to learn the real satisfaction and reward of learning, at St Augustine’s Theological College where I studied Theology, Ministry and Mission for three years. Upon successful completion of my time at college, I was ordained and took up my title post in Wickford and Runwell Parish in September 2025."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: