Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Sunday 15 May 2011

Taste of Religion

Next month I will be speaking at Taste of Religion, a special event organised by the Employers Forum of Belief and KPMG which will cover religious festivals.

Many of the world’s religions have different foods associated with them – for religious, cultural and traditional reasons. For example, Jews eat unleavened bread at Passover, Christians eat fish on Fridays. Delegates will be able to network over lunch with the different tastes from five religions - Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Islam and Sikhism.

There will be presentations from Rabbi Dr Naftali BrawerKhola Hasan, Shaunaka Rishi Das, Dr Satinder SinghSimon Webley and myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matisyahu - One Day.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'm trying to put together an exhibition for later in the year called 'Consume'. I wanted to include some sort of edible event/element...this sounds very interesting!

Jonathan Evens said...

I'll post on the event once it's happened. I'm sure the various uses of food in religion could generate some fascinating art. My friend Alan Stewart produced a meditation a few years ago using the candy spills of Felix Gonzalez-Torres - take, eat, this is my body etc.