Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Thursday 3 September 2009

Greenbelt diary (3): a coda

I spent a pleasant part of the evening at the Veritasse tent where Veritasse Artisan and commission4mission member Harvey Bradley was helping on the stall and exhibiting his paintings.

While there I also spoke with Aidan Meller, the founder of Veritasse, who told me about the growth of the company in the UK and US. We also spoke about the artist John Reilly who has been seriously ill recently. It was good to hear that he is recovering and to find from the latest Veritasse Newsletter that he has begun painting again. By synchronicity or coincidence, my review of Reilly's book, The Painted Word, appears in the current edition of the Church Times, something I wasn't aware of at the time I spoke to Aidan.

I also met up with Tricia Hillas, with whom I trained at NTMTC, who was exploring ideas for art-related initiatives around the development of their church garden, something that we are also exploring at St John's Seven Kings. Again, there seemed some sychronicity about this and Tricia was pleased to hear a little about commission4mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Tavener - New Jerusalem (Upanishad Hymn).

No comments: