Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Saturday 8 November 2008

Chapel of Light

Ruth Gledhill has an interesting piece, in today's Knowledge section of the Saturday Times, on Sir Anthony Caro and the the war-damaged Roman Catholic church of Saint-Jean-Baptiste de Bourbourg.

In the article, Caro, who is an atheist says, “I am not against the Christians. But I am against [Richard] Dawkins. I am against people who think everything is explicable in material terms.”

He goes on to say, “We are living in an extremely materialistic world. I think it is very important to help the spiritual side of our lives. So for this reason it is good to have a place where one can go and allow that side of one’s life to flourish. I hope people of all religions will use it to allow themselves to think and be tranquil and find that side of themselves.”

The Chapel is saying, "the world is good. The world is great. Aren’t we lucky to be in it?” A video of scenes from the Chapel can be found on Ruth Gledhill's blog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah and the Whale - Shape Of My Heart.

No comments: