Wikio - Top Blogs - Religion and belief

Thursday 2 October 2008

Bishop David exhibits in Visual Dialogue 2


Bishop David, the Bishop of Barking, has agreed to exhibit a painting in the Visual Dialogue 2 exhibition at St John's Seven Kings.
Bishop David says of his work:

"I am inspired by landscape. Most of what I paint has its inspiration in landscape. I can’t help but be influenced by landscapes and townscapes. As early as I can remember I have enjoyed walking in the countryside. I also enjoy mountain climbing and grasp any opportunities to get out into wide open spaces. My ministry has mainly been urban and time in the countryside is a counterpoint to where I’ve tended to live in my ministry. But I’m also inspired by colourful, busy townscapes and the quirkiness of that as well."

The painting which Bishop David is exhibiting in Visual Dialogue 2 is a landscape of Burnsall Fell in the Yorkshire Dales.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show of Hands - Country Life.

No comments: